I love the idea of this Raw Avocado Cake, it sounds so yummy, don’t you think? You can add any citrus oil you want to flavour it, I personally think this recipe calls for Lime! You do need to make it in advance of eating it, as it does need time to chill and set, but boy is it worth it in the end!
For the base:
3–4 pitted dates
¼ cup shredded coconut
1/4–1/3 cup almonds
½–1 teaspoon water
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon melted extra virgin coconut oil
1 drop doTERRA Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange or Grapefruit essential oil
- Make a dough with the dates, coconut, almonds, water and sea salt.
- Add the coconut oil and essential oil to the dough and mix thoroughly
- Press into the bottom of a springform cake tin and place in the fridge to chill while you get the yummy filling ready.
For the filling:
1 large avocado
4 tablespoons agave syrup or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons water
1–1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
1–2 drops doTERRA Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange or Grapefruit essential oil (same as for the base)
5–6 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
- In a blender, blend the avocado, syrup, water and vanilla extract until really light and creamy.
- Once you have achieved that airy, creamy filling, add the coconut oil and essential oils and blend again.
- Remove the base from the fridge, and pour in the filling on top.
- Place the cake in the fridge and allow to chill and set for about 8 hours.