WOW! doTERRA has really treated us! They have released one of this year’s new oils early! Tangerine is now (in the US) available for general sale! If you have purchased one of the Summer special packs over the last few years, then you have been lucky to have Tangerine in your kit anyway, but I guess you could use Wild Orange in this recipe if you are, like the most of the UK, having to wait until Tangerine catches up to the European market!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine zest
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¾ cup plus 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest (for the glaze)
- 1 tablespoon tangerine juice
- 3 drops Tangerine essential oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Rub in the butter until you have a crumble-like consistency.
- Add the tangerine zest and dried cranberries and mix in.
- Make a well in the centre of the crumb mix, and add ¾ cup of the double cream and mix into a dough. The dough should be slightly dry, not crumbly or too wet, but add an extra tablespoon of cream if you need to.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough for about 1 minute.
- Flatten out so that it is about an inch thick, and then cut into 8 equal wedges with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Place the wedges on the baking tray, about an inch apart.
- Brush the wedges with 4 tablespoons of double cream and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and the edges look lightly toasted.
- While the scones are baking, whisk together the icing sugar, tangerine zest, orange juice and tangerine essential oil in a glass bowl.
- When the scones come out of the oven, allow to cool slightly and then drizzle the glaze on top of the warm scones.